Thousands of volunteer hours are needed each year to bring ski trails to Calgarians. We would love your help. Meet other folks passionate about skiing and ski trails in Calgary/ Experience and share the enjoyment of your efforts with other Calgarians!
Here are our current volunteer requirements:
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE MEMBERS of a Nordic Club OR Calgary Nordic Alliance
Snow Harvesting Team: Are you good with a shovel? Help us use shovels, scoops and a snow blower to move natural snow from the ungroomed areas on to thin patches in our trail system. People work in crews of 10 on Wednesday nights, usually starting at 6:30, for up to 2 hours. You can help out for as many evenings as you would like!
- Individuals with interest in greeting the public at the ski facility. You will be an ambassador for the Nordic Alliance, engaging skiing enthusiasts in making skiing a reality right here in Calgary!
- Individuals with interest in managing online communications, social media and web updates.
- We are looking for people who have experience coordinating and recognizing volunteer efforts to help lead this team.
Ski Operations at Confederation Park Golf Course: December to March (subject to weather).
- Gate Team:
- Reliable individuals who live near Confed who can open and close gates for the parking lot. Gates will be open 9AM to 9PM.
- Parking Attendants Team:
- Assistance with peak times to direct parking lot traffic during the evenings for at events.
- Track Setting Team:
- We are looking for new and experienced groomers for this upcoming season. Training provided. Some knowledge of ski trail quality is required.
- Snowmaking Team:
- Individuals with previous snow making experience or some technical interest in this area.
Shutdown and Cleanup: Early March
- Shutdown Team: We will require volunteers to assist to shut down operations – including folks with trucks that can pull a storage trailer.
General Support: Can you contribute in another way? We’d love to hear from you. Please email [email protected]