The Foothills Nordic Ski Club is looking for a Race Administrator for the Kananaskis Ski Marathon (the “Cookie Race”). This is a paid position, requiring roughly 80 hours of work between October and April. The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief of Race to perform the necessary preparations, including:
- Completing the permit application and submitting it to Alberta Parks
- Completing the sanction request to Cross Country Alberta
- Preparing a budget for the race
- Booking contractors for timing, catering, parking control, equipment rentals, and website management
- Coordinating with volunteer organizations for communication and first aid
- Arranging accommodations for key volunteers and officials
- Compiling financial results and a final report for Alberta Parks and the FNSC executive
Remuneration will be negotiated. The work schedule is flexible and the majority of the work can be done from anywhere.
Interested parties should contact [email protected].