We have a new job opportunity for a talented professional who wants to work with our passionate board of directors to continue to build a strong and visible Nordic ski club respected by the local ski community. Please share this posting with your network.
FNSC is seeking a full-time Administrator starting June 10, 2019. This is a one year employment contract with the option to become permanent. The successful candidate can expect to work 30 to 40 hours per week from September to April and 10 to 20 hours per week May to August. Normal hours will be Monday to Friday, but evening and weekend work will be expected during the Ski Season. This is a flexible, home-based position.
Reporting to the President, the Administrator will work directly with the executive, staff and volunteers to ensure the smooth operation of the Foothills Nordic Ski Club and its programs. Strong working relationships with the FNSC executive, committee members, coaches, volunteers, athletes and FNSC members must be developed to be effective.
- Management of day to day operations of a large non-profit Nordic ski club
- Communication (written, oral, social media)
- Fundraising and grant applications
- Event and program management
- Interpersonal skills
- Strategic planning, analytical thinking and problem solving
The Administrator will ensure the successful operations of Foothills Nordic Ski Club through, but not limited to, the following:
- Primary: manage day-to-day club operations, accountable for permit applications, management of registration and supporting tools (Zone4) and communications, work with club coaches and board members to provide logistical support for program delivery, club events and camps.
- Fundraising: prepare grant applications, provide logistical support as needed, develop vendor relations to offer club discounts.
- Communications: execute a communications plan including maintaining social media, newsletter, blog posts, website, event program, race results and other tools as appropriate; build Team Snap and educate TeamSnap users for all programs; maintain image library.
- Board/Committee Relations: attend and report to all board meetings, attend committee meetings as deemed appropriate; maintain Board handbook.
- Member Relations: respond to member requests; conduct annual membership survey.
- Administration: develop a document control system using Team drive; ensure board members and staff are provided with the ability to use team Drive; manage Zone4 and TeamSnap accounts and email addresses for members.
- Program Support: Work with Program Coordinators and Head Coaches to support the logistics, program registration, event delivery, coach identification, health and safety and policy implementation; maintain lists of coaches and volunteers; ensure coaches and volunteers working with athletes have police clearances; maintain Coach Handbook; ensure coaches have appropriate certifications and first aid training; maintain contracts and renewals for coaches.
- Facilities: ensure facilities and permits are available for training, camps, meetings and storage; support relations with Canmore Nordic Centre, Provincial Parks and National Parks.
- Manage calendar of events.
- Support Alberta Cup and Cookie Race organizing committees in successful event delivery.
- Manage the Volunteer Bond for the club with direct support from the Volunteer Director.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and/or expertise:
- Personal Qualities: self-motivated, highly organized, adept at prioritizing competing demands
- Human Resources/Relations: strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Program and Event Management experience
- Fundraising: experience in investigating and applying for grants, obtaining sponsorships, and creating fundraising initiatives
- Communication: proven experience in using a variety of communications tools and developing communications guidelines/strategic plans
- Administration: understanding of Zone4, document control systems, measurement tools for quality program/service satisfaction
- Governance: experience working with volunteer boards and committees
- Strong technology skills (experience using Google Drive and Zone 4 would be an asset)
Note: Police Information and Vulnerable Sector Checks are required.
To account for seasonal fluctuations, compensation is based on an hourly rate of $25 to $30 per hour commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm on Sunday, March 31, 2019.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] in confidence.