Foothills Nordic has an opening for a part-time contract Jackrabbit Program Coordinator for the Winter 2018/19 season to support coaches with program facilitation and provide administrative support for the Jackrabbit Team. The position starts in November and runs through March. The program is skill and age based, with six program sessions on weeknights (Tuesdays to Thursdays). During the season, there are also additional weekend activities.
Program Coordinator Responsibilities
- Support Jackrabbit Team in implementation of the JR Program, including managing JR materials and equipment, supporting registration, as well as supporting the JR Manager as required.
- Support Jackrabbit Coach Coordinator in weekly coach scheduling to ensure adequate coaching resources for the program. Facilitate weekend Activity Days (approximately five weekend days during the season).
- Support Jackrabbit Coaches with on-snow programs, including session setup and tear-down, extra activity days, and overall program support.
- Contract for approximately 15 – 25 hrs per week starting in November through March. Hours will vary over the season. Core season is December through the first week of March (12 weeks).
- Previous experience working with children (ages 4 – 10) in FUNdamental sports or outdoor programs. Jackrabbit program experience is an asset.
- NCCP Community Coach or availability to take NCCP training (online course).
- Ability to work well within a Team environment (coaches, volunteers and parents).
- Good communication skills – both written (email and web-postings) and oral.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office programs (excel/word )
- Experience with Zone4 and Teamsnap is an asset, OR willingness to take complete training.
NOTE: Availability during program times is required (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4 – 8 pm).
- $20 – 22 per hour depending on experience and training level
- Expenses for weekend out-of-town activities are covered
- Cost of NCCP training is covered / CANSI training – shared coverage is available
Submit resume with experience and qualifications to [email protected] by October 10, 5:00 pm.