Foothills Nordic Ski Club is seeking a part-time contract Jackrabbit Program Coordinator for the Winter 2017/18 season. This role supports coaches in program facilitation, and provides administrative support for the Jackrabbit Team. The contract is for approximately 15 to 24 hours per week starting in November and running through March with the core season being December through the second week of March (12 weeks).
The foundation of the club’s cross country program stream is Jackrabbits (Bunnies, Jackrabbits and JR+ groups). In these Active Start and FUNdamentals programs for children ages 4 to 10, basic ski skills are taught in a kid-friendly manner by qualified coaches, with five different program sessions on weeknights (Tuesdays to Thursdays). During the season, there are also additional weekend activities.
Program Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Support Jackrabbit Team in implementation of JR Program, including managing JR materials and equipment, supporting registration, as well as support JR Manager as required.
- Support Jackrabbit Coach Coordinator in weekly coach scheduling to ensure adequate coaching resources for program. Facilitate weekend Activity days (approx. five weekend days during season)
- Support Jackrabbit Coaches with on-snow programs, including session set-up and tear-down, extra activity days, and overall program support.
- Previous experience working with children (ages 4 – 10) in FUNdamental sports or outdoor program (Jackrabbit program experience an asset).
- NCCP Community Coach or availability to take NCCP training (ICC in late October/CC in November).
- Ability to work well within a Team environment (coaches, volunteers and parents).
- Good communication skills – both written (email and web-postings) and oral.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office programs (excel/word ).
- Experience with Zone4 is an asset, OR willingness to take complete Zone4 training.
NOTE: Availability during program times is required (Tues and Thurs 4 to 8pm/Weds 4 to 6pm).
- $20 – 22 per hour depending on experience and training level.
- Expenses for weekend out-of-town activities are covered.
- Cost of NCCP training is covered/CANSI training – shared coverage is available.
Submit resume with experience and qualifications to [email protected] by October 30, 5pm.