FNSC is seeking a part-time contract Operations Coordinator for the Winter 2017/2018 season. This role supports operations at Confederation Park Golf Course, the Club’s primary programming location. The contract is for 24 hours per week starting in mid-November until the end of March.
- Assist with equipment load-in (equipment may include trailers, tracksetters, snowmobiles, a UTV and snow gun)
- Coordinate and assist with set-up of facility infrastructure, including but not limited to:
- Parking lot
- Fencing and porta-potty
- Signage and trail marking
- With support and input of facility volunteers, trouble-shoot as required during set-up.
Day to day operations
- Support volunteer snow-making, snow-farming and grooming efforts
- Work with volunteer leads to coordinate parking lot clearing
- Open facility (parking lot, trailers, lighting) prior to FNSC programs
- Regular facility walk-throughs and implementation of safety measures as necessary
- Assist with special event/program requirements
- Inventory FNSC equipment and assets
- Coordinate and assist with tear-down of site infrastructure, and with load-out of FNSC equipment and assets
- Prepare a summary document for the Foothills Executive capturing suggestions and ideas to improve the facility and the Operations Coordinator role for the next season
- Work with Volunteer Coordinators to provide feedback on volunteer requirements
- Maintain documents including:
- Invoices and receipts incurred over the course of operations and pre- and post-season activities
- Track time spent on tasks (timesheet)
- Maintain record of issues and their resolution
- Procedures and best practices
The ideal candidate for this contract has the following qualities:
- Strong communicator
- Strong problem solver and trouble-shooter
- Team player with experience working in volunteer environments
- Able to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Physically able to move throughout the facility and lift/move moderately heavy objects
- Successful candidate must be bondable
The contract is based on 24 hours per week at a rate of $18/hr. Time will be flexible with the commitment varying from week to week, averaging out to 24 hours per week over the duration of the contract.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] by 5pm, November 3.