Registration for 2021-2022 Season will open June 21
Adult Learn to Ski is an on snow adult learn-to-ski and ski skill improvement program coached by experienced Masters and High Performance athletes.
The focus of the program is on improving your skiing, either as a beginner “learn-to-ski” or more advanced ability. The evening classes are appropriate for both beginners and intermediate skiers, and coaches will split the groups up as appropriate. Skate technique will be introduced during the second half of the season, if there is interest from participants. Classic-only skiers will still be supported. Daytime classes are level- and technique-specific.
Learn to Loppet Add-on – The focus of this program is to learn to ski longer distances, in preparation for skiing a loppet. We will focus on Foothills Nordic’s own loppet – the Cookie Race, and this group will target skiing the 15km or 24km distance. Saturday practice will include some technique, but the primary focus will be distance skiing in a social setting.
December – March
Currently we are offering the choice of:
Beginner/Intermediate – Classic/Skate
- Tuesday – 4:45-6:00 pm or 6:30 to 7:45 pm
- Wednesday – 6:30 to 7:45 pm
- Thursday – 4:45-6:00 pm or 6:30 to 7:45 pm
Beginner – Classic only
- Wednesday – 1:00 to 2:15 pm
Beginner – Skate only
- Wednesday 1:00 to 2:15 pm
Intermediate – Classic only
- Wednesday 11:30 to 12:45 pm
Learn to Loppet Add-on
- Saturday 10 am – 1 pm – Canmore Nordic Center or other mountain location
Weekday sessions: Confederation Park Golf Course (other locations may be used based on snow availability)
Saturday: Canmore Nordic Centre or other mountain locations
- Program fee – $275
- Saturday Learn to Loppet Add-On- $225
- Foothills Nordic membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration)
If you have any questions, please e-mail Foothills Nordic Adult Program Coordinator.
Foothills Nordic Ski Club Refund Policy applies.