18 and older
- Thursday 6:30-8:00pm (Canmore Nordic Centre)
- Other training opportunities available*
*Masters will have a couple lanes available for use at other FNSC shooting practices throughout the week. Thursdays are the only club supported, instructional practice for Masters.
July 6, 2017 – March 15, 2018
- Masters Biathlon Program Fee – $370
- Rifle rental – $200
- Foothills Nordic Membership (during registration)
- Canmore Nordic Centre Range Pass (yearly or daily)
- Canmore Nordic Centre Trail Pass (yearly or daily)
- Biathlon Alberta Membership
Method of Communication
Masters Biathlon is for beginners and seasoned skiers who would like to learn about biathlon and/or compete in the Sport Men/Women or Masters Men/Women categories. Program participants may be split by experience and interest during training sessions. Masters are encouraged to participate in at least one Alberta provincial race, and opportunities exist to race in the Western Canadian Championships.
Before the snow falls, participants will be taught rifle safety and fundamentals of aiming, breathing, natural alignment, and trigger control. Physical training will include plyometric, nordic walking/running (hill running with poles), and running “combo” training. On snow, participants will reinforce good shooting habits and learn/refine skate skiing technique and be exposed to skiing “combo” training. Experienced participants can improve shooting and skate skiing efficiency to achieve individual personal and competitive goals.
Masters Biathlon is coached by NCCP Comp Int and Comp Dev certified coaches.
- Rifle – Available to rent for $200 per year (during registration)
- 1 pair of skate skis, poles and boots
- Running shoes
If you have any questions please e-mail Foothills Nordic.