Registration for 2020-2021 Season is closed
4 and 5 yrs
** Note: Your child MUST be 4 years old as of December 31 to participate in a Foothills Nordic Bunny program.
- Bunny 1 – any children NEW to Bunnies and Nordic skiing (ages 4 or 5 years old)
- Bunny 2 – children who have participated in Bunnies last year (age 5 years old)
**Note: Coaches may move Bunny 1 children after the first session if they are better placed in a Bunny 2 group.
Bunnies will start the first week of January 2021 and run for 9 or 10 sessions through February/ early March.
Weekly one hour sessions for 10 weeks starting January 5th 2021. Choose one of the following:
|Afternoons 4:30 to 5:30 pm||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday|
|Evenings 6:15 to 7:15 pm||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday|
**Note: Foothills Nordic reserves the right to cancel any group session with insufficient registrants. Normal minimum class size is eight Bunnies. Participants will be given an opportunity to register for another time or receive a FULL refund.
- Confederation Park Golf Course
- Other locations may be used for extra activities (Terrain Park nights, Family ski days – West Bragg Creek Trails, Canmore and other mountain locations)
- Program fee – $90
- Foothills Nordic membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration)
Bunny sessions are focused on “ski-play” as children develop FUNdamental motor skills and learn FUNdamental movement on cross country skis through participation in FUN activities and games.
Bunny classes are limited to 14 per session and will normally be run as two groups based on skill and maturity. Children will be assessed and groups adjusted if needed during their first session. Parents must be available on-snow to support leaders and are encouraged to participate.
Please check the Frequently Asked Questions for more information: Bunny and Jackrabbit Program FAQ
Equipment and Clothing
Participants are expected to have appropriate ski equipment and winter clothing. There will be a Parent Information session before the start of classes to review equipment and clothing. Please see the equipment and clothing information for details.
Information to be provided at parent information night.
- Support minimum two on-snow sessions (three for families with more than one child) with non-coaching duties (information and signup will be provided at Parent Info session)
- Two dozen cookies for Cookie Race
We welcome keen parents with strong basic ski skills to become leaders – please note on your registration if you are interested in coaching or contact the Jackrabbit Coach Coordinator. ALL Bunnies parents are required to volunteer with Foothills Nordic, either through the many support roles within the Bunnies and Jackrabbit programs or in the many club activities throughout the year – see Club Volunteer Opportunities.
Participation Opportunities for ALL
We encourage families of all economic levels to participate in this awesome winter sport. If you have constraints for program or equipment costs, Foothills Nordic encourages families to seek support through KIDSPORT, a local program to help lower-income families with sport and activity program costs.
If you have any questions please e-mail Foothills Nordic.