Registration for Fall Opens July 5, 2022 at 8am
Year of Birth 2011 – 2012
Fall: September – November
Winter: December – March
Fall and Winter
- Tuesday and Thursday 4:30 – 6:00 pm
- ADD ON: Saturdays 10:00 am– 12:00 pm (Canmore or other mountain locations)
- Weekend regional and local provincial competitions. Special events/camps organized.
Calgary (Edworthy, Glenmore, Confederation Park Golf Course) and Canmore Nordic Centre, etc. (see Training Locations map) Winter training locations are dependent on conditions.
Fall: $280, Add optional Saturdays for $165
Winter: $410, Add optional Saturdays for $165
- Foothills Nordic Membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration) for winter session
- Canmore Nordic Centre Trail Pass (for winter optional Saturdays)
Introduction to Track Attack (TA-XC) is a new program aimed at 10-11 year olds who like to be active outdoors and are interested in the sport of cross country skiing, but have less than two years of experience with classic and skate ski technique. The TA program normally runs 7 months from September – March but this introduction program is split into 2 separate sessions to allow participants the opportunity to try the sport.
Introduction to Track Attack is a skill development program aimed at teaching and improving skate and classic techniques in a fun and social environment. Athletes will learn the basics of off season training through activities including: introduction to roller skiing, hiking, running, ski striding, body weight strength training, balance/agility and games. On snow, athletes will develop and refine classic and skate skiing techniques.
- Lake Louise Camp – Nov 18-20
- Fall – Drink belt, running shoes, ski striding poles (mid-chest height, downhill poles not recommended)
- Winter – 1 pair each of skate and classic skis, poles and boots (combi boots not recommended)*
- Grip and glide wax for all conditions
*Coaches will assist in sizing and selection of equipment at early season ski sales.
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENT/OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Foothills Nordic is able to run high quality programs for a reasonable cost due to the volunteer support from our families. Based on the Club’s volunteer bond, ALL Track Attack parents will be required to volunteer certain number of hours throughout the season. The number of hours required for each program is available on the Volunteer page. Numerous volunteer opportunities to help with Track Attack will be available including assistance at weekend work-outs, wax support at races, and planning and organizing trips, races and non-competitive camps, events and activities. Sign-up lists with details on volunteer jobs will be shared with parents.
For information on the volunteer bond and other volunteer opportunities available throughout the year, see Club Volunteer Opportunities.
If you have any questions, please e-mail [email protected]