Registration opens on Wednesday, June 19 at 7:00 am.
Adults 25 and older
September – March
- Mondays, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Strength Training, Winsport
- Thursdays, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Dryland Ski Striding and Plyometrics, various locations aligned with FNSC youth programs
- Saturdays, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Roller Skiing, various locations
- Mondays, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Confederation Park Golf Course
- Thursdays, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Canmore Nordic Centre
- Saturdays, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, various mountain locations (typically Lake Louise, Peter Lougheed Provincial Park, Canmore Nordic Centre)
Support will be provided at several races throughout the winter, depending on race schedules, usually: AB Cups, Huckleberry Loppet, and Cookie Race.
Weekend skiing will be at various locations around the Bow Valley and Kananaskis Country aiming for best available grooming and aligning with youth programs.
- Program fee – $495
- Foothills Nordic membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration)
This program is built for intermediate and advanced skiers who want to improve their fitness and ski technique in both classic and skating styles in a fun group atmosphere. Group training and varied sessions build motivation. Evening sessions target strength and high intensity. Weekends are focused on long distance to build aerobic capacity and technical development.
Racing in the AB cup series and other local loppets is encouraged. Waxing support will be provided for group members who wish to race.
- Early Season Volume Camp, Silver Star Mountain Resort near Vernon, BC, Date TBA (7 nights)
Note: Optional training camp costs are not included in program fees and are set on a cost-recovery basis. Accommodation will be shared and community duties will be assigned.
1 set each of skate and classic gear is recommended
If you have any questions please e-mail Foothills Nordic.
Foothills Nordic Ski Club Refund Policy applies.