Registration for 2021-2022 Winter Season opens June 21, 2021
Mid-September to March
Ski Fitness I Thursdays from 9:30 to 11:00 am
Ski Fitness II Thursdays from 11:15 to 12:45 pm
- To be determined by coach (in Calgary)
- Confederation Park Golf Course
- Program fee – $355
- Optional Saturday 10am – 1pm Learn2Loppett Add-On – $225 (Various mountain locations)
- Foothills Nordic Membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration)
Michelle Deacon and Madelaine Bate
Ski Fitness is an adult program coached by passionate and qualified Masters athletes/instructors. The program is capped at 18 participants. Organized workouts focus on fitness and improving ski technique and typically include: ski-specific strength; balance, agility and movement; fitness; and technique components. You will learn new drills to improve your skiing, working on both classic and skate technique. This program starts with dryland training in mid-September. On-snow sessions begin as soon as possible and are primarily held at Confederation Park Golf Course in Calgary. West Bragg Creek and Canmore Nordic Centre are back up skiing locations chosen when ski conditions in Calgary are poor.
If you have any questions please e-mail Foothills Nordic Adult Program Coordinator.