Registration opens on April 26, 2019 at 7:00 am.
14+, 2005 YOB or older
May through March
- Monday: strength training (indoor) 4:30 – 6:00pm (LC) or 6:30 – 8:00pm (T2)
- Wednesday: Edworthy, Nosehill, Confederation, 6:30 – 8:00pm OR Canmore, 4:30 – 6:00pm
- Thursday: Canmore, 6:30 – 8:00pm
- Saturday: various locations, 10:00am – 2:00pm
*Practice attendance is not mandatory; participation in other sports/activities is encouraged.
Calgary; Edworthy, Glenmore, Confederation golf course, Canmore Nordic Centre, etc… (see Training Locations map). Winter training locations are condition dependent.
- T2 program fee – $1,995 (2005/2004 YOB)
- LC program fee – $2,195 (2003/2002 YOB)
- Foothills Nordic membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration)
- Canmore Nordic Centre Pass
- Bob Niven punch pass
- Optional training camps
METHOD OF COMMUNICATION
Teamsnap and personalized training plans posted on Trainingpeaks.
Parent volunteers are required for trips and events throughout the year. Volunteer lists will be circulated as events are organized. Volunteer positions available may include chaperone, planning, cooking, waxing, etc.
Train to Train 2 (T2) and Learn to Compete (LC) is for athletes seeking improvement and refinement in XC skiing. Athletes can expect personalized training programs with 350 to 450+ hours a year depending on their development. Training sessions and workout modes are specifically catered to meet different athlete needs depending on their development. Developing skills such as ski technique, aerobic/anaerobic abilities, injury prevention, goal setting, teamwork and personal interaction skills is top priority.
Dryland training includes: roller skiing (classic and skate), running, ski striding, hiking, road biking and strength training.
Race support will be provided for Alberta Cups, NORAMS, Western/Eastern Championships and Nationals.
Optional Camps and Rest Weeks:
- Canmore/Sunshine Camp, May 15 – 20, 2019 (Medium Priority)
- Haig, June 28 – July 2, 2019 (LC/ULLR Priority)
- Summer Volume Camp #1, July 4 – 11, 2019, Silver Star, Vernon (High Priority)
- Rest Week, July 28 – August 4, 2019
- Haig, August 6 – 13, 2019 (Low/Medium Priority)
- Summer Volume Camp #2, August 20 – 29, 2019, Whistler (High Priority)
- Lake Louise Camp, November 15-17, 2019
Optional training camp costs are not included in program fees and are on a cost-recovery basis. Camp dates are tentative and may deviate by a few days.
- 2 pair each of skate and classic skis*
- Skate and classic poles and boots*
- Skate and classic roller skis
- Glide and grip wax for all conditions**
- Water belt, running shoes, ski striding poles (elbow height)
- Heart rate monitor
- Road bike + bike helmet
*Coaches will assist in sizing and selection of equipment at early season ski sales
**Foothills Nordic will run a wax clinic and provide a list of useful waxes, Race waxing (glide and grip) is included in the program cost for officially supported races.
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENT/OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Foothills Nordic is able to run high quality programs for a reasonable cost due to the volunteer support from our families. Based on the Club’s volunteer bond, ALL Cross Country Train to Train 2 and Learn to Compete parents will be required to volunteer 24 hours throughout the season. Numerous volunteer opportunities to help with XC-T2/LC will be available and sign-up lists with details on volunteer jobs will be shared with parents.
For information on the volunteer bond and other volunteer opportunities available throughout the year, see Club Volunteer Opportunities.
If you have any questions please e-mail the Club Coach.