Registration opens April 23, 2018
14+, 2004 YOB or older
May 2018 – March 31, 2019
- Monday: strength training (indoor) 4:30 – 6:00pm or 6:30 – 8:00pm
- Wednesday: Edworthy, Nosehill, Confederation, 6:30 – 8:00pm OR Canmore, 4:30 – 6:00pm
- Thursday: Canmore, 6:30 – 8:00pm
- Saturday: various locations, 10:00am – 2:00pm
*Practice attendance is not mandatory; participation in other sports/activities is encouraged.
Calgary; Edworthy, Glenmore, Confederation golf course, Canmore Nordic Centre, etc… (see Training Locations map). Winter training locations are condition dependent.
- T2 program fee – $1845 (2004/2003 YOB)
- LC program fee – $2015 (2002/2001 YOB)
- Foothills Nordic membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration)
- Canmore Nordic Centre Pass
- Bob Niven punch pass
- Optional training camps
METHOD OF COMMUNICATION
Weekly training schedule will be posted Sunday on the LC-XC forum. Weekly personalized training plans posted on Trainingpeaks.
Parent volunteers are required for trips and events throughout the year. Volunteer lists will be circulated as events are organized. Volunteer positions available may include chaperone, planning, cooking, waxing, etc.
Train to Train 2 (T2) and Learn to Compete (LC) is for athletes seeking improvement and refinement in XC skiing. Athletes can expect personalized training programs with 350 to 450+ hours a year depending on their development. Training sessions and workout modes are specifically catered to meet different athlete needs depending on their development. Developing skills such as ski technique, aerobic/anaerobic abilities, injury prevention, goal setting, teamwork and personal interaction skills is top priority.
Dryland training includes: roller skiing (classic and skate), running, ski striding, hiking, road biking and strength training.
Race support will be provided for Alberta Cups, NORAMS, Western/Eastern Championships and Nationals.
Optional Camps and Rest Weeks:
- Nickel Plate Camp, May 16-21, 2018
- Summer Volume Camp #1, July 3-10, 2018, Vernon/Silver Star
- Rest Week, TBA
- Summer Volume Camp #2, August 21-28, 2018, Haig/Bow Valley
- Lake Louise Camp, November 16-18, 2018
Optional training camp costs are not included in program fees and are on a cost-recovery basis. Camp dates are tentative and may deviate by a few days.
- 2 pair each of skate and classic skis*
- Skate and classic poles and boots*
- Skate and classic roller skis.
- Glide and grip wax for all conditions**
- Water belt, running shoes, ski striding poles (elbow height)
- Heart rate monitor
- Road bike + bike helmet
*Coaches will assist in sizing and selection of equipment at early season ski sales
**Foothills Nordic will run a wax clinic and provide a list of useful waxes, Race waxing (glide and grip) is included in the program cost for officially supported races.
If you have any questions please e-mail the Club Coach.