Registration opens on Wednesday, June 19 at 7:00 am.
10 – 12 (Year of Birth 2007 – 2009)
September through March
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- ADD ON: Saturdays 10:00 am– 12:00 pm (out of town)
- Weekend regional and local provincial competitions. Special events/camps organized.
Calgary (Edworthy, Glenmore, Confederation Park Golf Course) and Canmore Nordic Centre, etc. (see Training Locations map) Winter training locations are dependent on conditions.
- Program fee – $625 for Tues/Thurs, $250 Add-On for Saturdays
- Foothills Nordic membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration)
- Canmore Nordic Centre (day passes or season pass)
Track Attack is a skill development program aimed at improving skate and classic techniques in a fun and social environment. Track Attack will promote teamwork and personal interaction skills. Athletes will learn the basics of off season training through activities including: introduction to roller skiing, hiking, running, ski striding, body weight strength training, balance/agility and games. On snow, athletes will develop and refine classic and skate skiing techniques.
- Lake Louise Camp – November 15 to 17, 2019
Camp costs are not included in the fees and are on a cost-recovery basis.
Track Attack will promote attendance at the following events: Alberta Cup series, Built for Speed series, Alberta Winter Games, Alberta Youth Champs and some local loppets.
- 1 pair each of skate and classic skis, poles and boots (combi boots not recommended).*
- Grip and glide wax for all conditions
- Drink belt, running shoes, ski striding poles (mid-chest height, downhill poles not recommended)
*Coaches will assist in sizing and selection of equipment at early season ski sales
Minimum Volunteer Requirements
We need help with: parent helpers/assistants at weekend work-outs, wax support at races, planning and organizing trips, races and non-competitive camps, events and activities, and finally club administration.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Foothills Nordic.