Registration opens on April 26 at 7:00 am.
12-13 (Birth year 2006-2007)
May through March
- Monday and Thursday: 6:30 – 8:00 pm (Calgary)
- Saturdays: 10:00 am – 12:30 pm (Out of town)
*Practice attendance is not mandatory as we encourage participation in other sports/activities.
Calgary (Edworthy, Glenmore, Confederation Park Golf Course), Canmore Nordic Centre, etc. (see Training Locations map). Winter training locations are dependent on conditions.
- Program fee – $1,375
- Foothills Nordic membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration)
- Canmore Nordic Centre Trail Pass
- optional camp fees
Program fees payable in installments.
Method of Communication
Parent volunteers are required for trips and events throughout the year. Volunteer lists will be circulated as events are organized. Volunteer positions available may include chaperone, planning, cooking, waxing, etc.
Train to Train 1 (T1-XC) is a skill development program aimed at improving skate and classic techniques in a fun and social environment. Skiers are encouraged to participate in competition and will be able to race many times during the season. T1-XC aims to accommodate both skiers who do not race and those very keen on racing. T1-XC will promote teamwork and personal interaction skills. Athletes will learn the basics of off season training through activities including: roller skiing, hiking, running, ski striding, biking, body weight strength training, balance/agility and games. On snow, athletes will develop and refine classic and skate skiing techniques.
Optional Camp and Rest Weeks:
- T1 Canmore Camp, June 29 – July 1, 2019
- T1 Hiking Camp, July 19 – 21, 2019 (tentative)
- Rest Week, July 28 – August 4, 2019
- T1 Canmore Camp, August 30 – September 1, 2019
- Lake Louise Camp, November 15 – 17, 2019
Optional training camp costs are not included in program fees and are on a cost-recovery basis. Camp dates are tentative and may deviate by a few days.
Race support will be provided at Alberta Cup series, Built for Speed series, Alberta Winter Games, Alberta Youth Champs and some local loppets.
- At least 1 pair each of skate and classic skis, poles and boots (combi boots not recommended)*
- Grip and glide wax for all conditions**
- Helmet + rollerskis
- Mountain bike, optional
- Drink belt, running shoes, ski striding poles (mid-chest height, downhill poles not recommended)
*Coaches will assist in sizing and selection of equipment at early season ski sales
**Foothills will run a wax clinic and provide a list of useful waxes.
If you have any questions please e-mail [email protected].