Registration Opens April 21, 2022 at 9am
Welcome Info Meeting Tuesday April 26th @7:30pm
Birth year 2009-2010
May through March
- Monday: 6:30 – 8:00 pm Various Calgary locations (Run)
- Thursday: 6:30 – 8:00 pm CNC (Rollerski) or Calgary (Run)
- Saturdays: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Various locations in the Bow Valley (Rollerski and Run)
Calgary: Nose Hill, Edworthy Park, Canmore Park, Confederation Park Golf Course;
Canmore Nordic Centre, etc. (see Training Locations map). Winter training locations are dependent on conditions.
- Program fee – $1,375
- Foothills Nordic Membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration)
- Canmore Nordic Centre Trail Pass
- optional camp fees
Program fees payable in installments.
Method of Communication
Training schedule and coach communication will be on Teamsnap.
Parent volunteers are required for trips and events throughout the year. Volunteer lists will be circulated as events are organized. Volunteer positions available may include chaperone, planning, cooking, waxing, etc. There is a minimum number of hours required for T1. The volunteer bond details can be found on the Volunteer page.
Train to Train 1 (T1-XC) is a skill development program aimed at improving skate and classic techniques in a fun and social environment. Skiers are encouraged to participate in competition and will be able to race many times during the season. T1-XC aims to accommodate both skiers who do not race and those very keen on racing. T1-XC will promote teamwork and personal interaction skills. Athletes will learn the basics of off season training through activities including: roller skiing, hiking, running, ski striding, biking, body weight strength training, balance/agility and games. On snow, athletes will develop and refine classic and skate skiing techniques.
Optional Camp and Rest Weeks:
- July 15-17, 2022 various locations in the Bow Valley
- Lake Louise Camp – Nov 18-20
- At least 1 pair each of skate and classic skis, poles and boots (combi boots not recommended)
- Grip and glide wax for all conditions
- Helmet, skate roller skis, skate poles with roller ski tips, ski walking poles
- Backpack or other water carrying device, running shoes, weather appropriate training clothes
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENT/OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Foothills Nordic is able to run high quality programs for a reasonable cost due to the volunteer support from our families. Based on the Club’s volunteer bond, ALL Cross Country Train to Train 1 parents will be required to volunteer 18 hours throughout the season. Numerous volunteer opportunities to help with T1-XC will be available and sign-up lists with details on volunteer jobs will be shared with parents.
For information on the volunteer bond and other volunteer opportunities available throughout the year, see Club Volunteer Opportunities.
If you have any questions please e-mail [email protected].