Registration will open April 28th
Birth Year 2008-2009
May through March
- Monday TBA, Bob Niven Gym (strength)
- Wednesday: 6:30 – 8:00 pm, various Calgary locations (run)
- Thursday 6:30 – 8:00 pm, CNC (rollerski)
- Saturdays: 10am – 1:00pm, various locations in the Bow Valley (rollerski and run)
Calgary: Edworthy, Nose Hill, Confederation Park Golf Course and West Confederation Park;
Canmore Nordic Centre, etc… (see Training Locations map). Winter training locations are condition dependant.
- Program fee – $2,280
- Foothills Nordic Membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration)
- Canmore Nordic Centre Trail Pass
- Optional camp fees
Program fees payable in installments.
Method of Communication
Teamsnap and personalized training plans posted on Trainingpeaks.
Foothills Nordic is able to run high quality programs for a reasonable cost due to the volunteer support from our families. The number of hours required for each program is available on the Volunteer page. Numerous volunteer opportunities will be available and sign-up lists with details on volunteer jobs will be shared with parents.
For information on the volunteer bond and other volunteer opportunities available throughout the year, see Club Volunteer Opportunities.
Train to Train 2 (T2-XC) includes an introduction to sport rules and ethics, nutrition, goal setting skills, teamwork and personal interaction skills and fitness testing. Athletes should be prepared to do 350 to 450 hours of ski specific training per season. Additional independent practice is expected outside of group practice sessions. Dryland training will include: roller skiing, ski striding, running (including racing opportunities such as 5 Peaks, cost not included), weekly strength training, stretching. On snow, athletes will focus on classic and skate ski performance related technique adaptation using video feedback.
- Bow Valley Camp August 10-13
- Haig Glacier July 11-14
- Revelstoke: August 18-23
- Lake Louise Camp – November 18-19
- At least 1 pair each of skate and classic skis (2 each recommended), poles, boots
- Glide + grip wax (list will be supplied)
- Classic and skate roller skis/Classic and skate poles with roller ski tips/Helmet
- Running shoes, ski walking poles
- Weather appropriate training clothes
- Backpack or other water carrying device, running shoes, ski striding poles (mid-chest height)
- Road Bike (not mandatory)
If you have any questions please e-mail Foothills Nordic.