At this time we are able to offer in person programming while following the guidelines of the Alberta Health Services, Nordiq Alberta, Nordiq Canada, Biathlon Alberta and Biathlon Canada. If these guidelines change to become more restrictive, we may need to switch to virtual training. If this occurs we will work to resume in person training as quickly as possible.
Registration for the remaining portion of the year will open July 22nd at 8am
Birth Year 2005-2006
- Monday 4:30 – 5:30pm Strength via Zoom or 6:30 – 8:00pm Bob Niven – See Team Snap
- Wednesday: 6:30 – 8:00pm (Canmore, in August; Calgary, from September to March)
- Thursday 6:30 – 8:00 pm (Canmore)
- Saturdays: 10am – 1:00pm (Canmore)
May through March
Calgary; Edworthy, Nose Hill, Glenmore, Confederation and Canmore Nordic Centre, etc… (see Training Locations map). Winter training locations are condition dependant.
- Program fee – $1650 ($200 for May to July Virtual Training, $1450 August to March)
- Foothills Nordic membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration)
- Canmore Nordic Centre Trail Pass
- Bob Niven punch pass (Calgary)
- Optional camp fees
Program fees payable in installments.
Method of Communication
Teamsnap and personalized training plans posted on Trainingpeaks.
Parent volunteers are required for trips and events throughout the year. Volunteer lists will be circulated as events are being organized.
Train to Train 2 (T2-XC) includes an introduction to sport rules and ethics, nutrition, goal setting skills, teamwork and personal interaction skills and fitness testing. Athletes should be prepared to do 350 to 450 hours of ski specific training per season. Additional independent practice is expected outside of group practice sessions. Dryland training will include: roller skiing, ski striding, running (including racing opportunities such as 5 Peaks, cost not included), weekly strength training, stretching. On snow, athletes will focus on classic and skate ski performance related technique adaptation using video feedback.
- Summer Volume Camp #1 Cancelled
- Summer Volume Camp #2 August 20-27 Canmore, AB
- November 13-15, 2020 Lake Louise Camp
Camp costs are not included in the fees and are on a cost-recovery basis. Supported races include Alberta Cup series and Western and National Championships.
- At least 1 pair each of skate and classic skis (2 each recommended), poles, boots
- Glide + grip wax (list will be supplied)
- Classic and skate roller skis
- Drink belt, running shoes, ski striding poles (mid-chest height)
- Heart rate monitor
If you have any questions please e-mail Foothills Nordic.