Registration Opens April 2, 2021 at 8am
Birth Year 2006-2007
May through March
- Monday TBA, Strength training at Winsport Performance Training Centre
- Wednesday: 6:30 – 8:00 pm (Calgary)
- Thursday 6:30 – 8:00 pm (Canmore)
- Saturdays: 10am – 1:00pm (various mountain locations)
Calgary: Edworthy, Nose Hill, Confederation Park Golf Course and West Confederation Park;
Canmore Nordic Centre, etc… (see Training Locations map). Winter training locations are condition dependant.
- Program fee – $2,170
- Foothills Nordic Membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration)
- Canmore Nordic Centre Trail Pass
- Optional camp fees
Program fees payable in installments.
Method of Communication
Teamsnap and personalized training plans posted on Trainingpeaks.
Foothills Nordic is able to run high quality programs for a reasonable cost due to the volunteer support from our families. Based on the Club’s volunteer bond, ALL Cross Country T2 parents will be required to volunteer 12 hours throughout the season. Numerous volunteer opportunities will be available and sign-up lists with details on volunteer jobs will be shared with parents.
For information on the volunteer bond and other volunteer opportunities available throughout the year, see Club Volunteer Opportunities.
Train to Train 2 (T2-XC) includes an introduction to sport rules and ethics, nutrition, goal setting skills, teamwork and personal interaction skills and fitness testing. Athletes should be prepared to do 350 to 450 hours of ski specific training per season. Additional independent practice is expected outside of group practice sessions. Dryland training will include: roller skiing, ski striding, running (including racing opportunities such as 5 Peaks, cost not included), weekly strength training, stretching. On snow, athletes will focus on classic and skate ski performance related technique adaptation using video feedback.
- Summer Volume Camp #1 July 5-11 various locations in the Bow Valley
- Summer Volume Camp #2 August 23-29 various locations in the Bow Valley
- Lake Louise Camp November 19-21, 2021, Lake Louise Camp
Due to the covid-19 pandemic, training camps will be run as day camps. Camp dates are tentative and may deviate by a few days.
- At least 1 pair each of skate and classic skis (2 each recommended), poles, boots
- Glide + grip wax (list will be supplied)
- Classic and skate roller skis
- Drink belt, running shoes, ski striding poles (mid-chest height)
- Heart rate monitor
If you have any questions please e-mail Foothills Nordic.