The Foothills Nordic Ski Club Annual General Meeting will be held on June 19, 2018 at the Silver Springs Community Centre (5720 Silver Ridge Drive NW). Refreshments at 7:00 PM, meeting at 7:30.
Please consider contributing your time and expertise to the FNSC Board of Directors. A vibrant executive committee keeps your club operating. Governance and strategic planning and execution would be of considerable value. Some exciting positions still have no nominations:
- Communications Director – Utilize your expertise as a communications professional to develop or guide the development of a communications plan and communications/brand guidelines for FNSC. Tactical communications will be supported by FNSC contractor(s). Experience with WordPress CMS, and social media platforms would be beneficial.
- Funding Director – You will utilize your fund development and sponsorship expertise to build upon the sponsorship plan developed this past year and identify alternate revenue streams for FNSC to generate income – along with the support of a committee and contract staff. Access to a professional and personal network to build out sponsorship for FNSC would also be helpful.
- Volunteer Director – Through the support of a committee and contract staff, you will oversee the build out and implementation of tools developed this past year. These tools identify all volunteer positions, and lay the groundwork for development and implementation of a strategic plan to recruit, retain and recognize FNSC volunteers.
All positions (except Past President) are open for nomination. If a position is of interest or you have questions please get in touch. [email protected]
All members, 16 years of age and older are eligible to vote. If you are unable to attend the AGM, you can appoint a proxy to vote for you. Please email your proxy to Michelle Gartner, Secretary: [email protected]. You must be a current club member (for 2018-19) to vote. Register here.
The current slate is:
|Foothills Nordic Ski Club 2018/19 Executive Committee Nomination Slate (as of June 4, 2018)|
|President||Nomination: Colin Norman|
|Past President||Michelle Deacon|
|Vice President||George Brindle*|
|Treasurer||Nomination: Trevor Baine|
|Cross-Country Director||Nomination: Jane Cook|
|Biathlon Director||Nomination: Justin Siemens|
|Events Director||Nomination: Brigid Hogan|
A special resolution to update Clause 20 of the Foothills Nordic Ski Club Bylaws to accurately reflect bylaw amendments approved at the 2017 AGM will be presented at the 2018 Foothills Nordic Ski Club AGM. Bylaw amendments approved at the 2017 AGM included the addition of the following executive committee positions:
“The Executive Committee shall consist of the following elected officers:
- Funding Director – The Funding Director shall appoint and chair a committee responsible for assisting with club fund raising including: obtaining sponsorships, grants, casinos, and donations or similar, sufficient for the effective and sustainable operation of the club.
- Volunteer Director – The Volunteer Director shall appoint and chair a committee responsible for determining the club strategy to attract, develop, train and retain sufficient volunteers to enable ongoing club operations.”
Clause 20 of the bylaws (below) was not updated to reflect the approved change to elected officers.
It is proposed that “Funding Director” and “Volunteer Director” be added to Clause 20 (below) of the Foothills Nordic Ski Club Bylaws to reflect approved 2017 bylaw amendments.
- The Club shall hold an Annual General Meeting within the six months following its fiscal year end at such time and place as may be determined by the Executive Committee. Due notice of such meeting shall be communicated to all members. At this meeting there shall be elected a President, Vice President, Cross-Country Director, Biathlon Director, Events Director, Communications Director, Treasurer and Secretary, who shall constitute the Executive Committee.
The club’s complete bylaws can be found here.