Registration for Saturday Spring/Summer Track Attack April 28th
Registration for Fall/Winter will open June 23rd for 2023-2024 members/June 30th for the public
Year of Birth 2012 – 2013
Spring Saturday Session – May 6 to August 26, 2023
Fall/Winter Session – September through March
- Saturday 10:00am – 1:00pm (Canmore and various locations in the Bow Valley)
Fall and Winter
- Tuesday and Thursday 4:30 – 6:00 pm OR 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- ADD ON: Saturdays 10:00 am– 12:00 pm (Canmore and other mountain locations)
- Weekend regional and local provincial competitions. Special events/camps organized.
Calgary (Edworthy, Glenmore, Confederation Park Golf Course) and Canmore Nordic Centre, etc. (see Training Locations map) Winter training locations are dependent on conditions.
- Spring/Summer Saturday $185
- Fall/Winter Program fee – $700 for Tues/Thurs, $350 Add-On for Saturdays
- Foothills Nordic membership (during registration)
- Confederation Trail User Fees (during registration)
- Canmore Nordic Centre (day passes or season pass)
Track Attack is a skill development program aimed at improving skate and classic techniques in a fun and social environment. Track Attack will promote teamwork and personal interaction skills. Athletes will learn the basics of off season training through activities including: introduction to roller skiing, hiking, running, ski striding, body weight strength training, balance/agility and games. On snow, athletes will develop and refine classic and skate skiing techniques.
- Lake Louise Camp – November 18-19, 2023
Camp costs are not included in the fees and are on a cost-recovery basis.
Track Attack will promote attendance at the following events: Alberta Cup series, Built for Speed series, Alberta Winter Games, Alberta Youth Champs and some local loppets.
- 1 pair each of skate and classic skis, poles and boots (combi boots not recommended)*
- Grip and glide wax for all conditions
- Running shoes, ski striding poles (mid-chest height, downhill poles not recommended)
- Backpack that can carry water, weather appropriate training clothes
*Coaches will assist in sizing and selection of equipment at early season ski sales.
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENT/OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Foothills Nordic is able to run high quality programs for a reasonable cost due to the volunteer support from our families. Based on the Club’s volunteer bond, ALL Track Attack parents will be required to volunteer a certain number hours throughout the season. The volunteer hours hours required for each program is available on the Volunteer page. Numerous volunteer opportunities to help with Track Attack will be available including assistance at weekend work-outs, wax support at races, and planning and organizing trips, races and non-competitive camps, events and activities. Sign-up lists with details on volunteer jobs will be shared with parents.
For information on the volunteer bond and other volunteer opportunities available throughout the year, see Club Volunteer Opportunities.