Foothills Nordic Ski Club (FNSC) is a not for profit, full service ski club based in Calgary, Alberta. Incorporated in 1964, FNSC has a long history of organizing and delivering programs geared towards cross-country skiers and biathletes of all ages and performance levels. The Club has an annual active membership of 720, ranging from Jackrabbits and Biathlon Bears to High Performance athletes and Masters level recreational skiers. With a 9-member Executive, approximately 70 cross-country and biathlon coaches (both paid and volunteer) and over 200 active volunteers, the Club’s initiatives also include the staging of major events and races in Calgary and the Bow Valley. Foothills is an 8-time Canadian national cross-country aggregate club champion, and is a member of Cross-Country Canada and Cross-Country Alberta.
Build a strong and visible Nordic ski club, in which membership is desirable, the local ski community respects, and other CCA clubs emulate.
We deliver high quality programs and events for club members, youth, and the ski community to participate in the lifestyle sport of nordic skiing (cross-country and biathlon)
- to provide a friendly, welcoming and supportive atmosphere for all club members and activities
- to introduce the sport to youth and promote participation as a lifestyle
- to provide a safe and active group touring program
- to deliver competitive Nordic programs that allow athletes to meet their personal objectives and goals
- to support high performance programs that develop competitive provincial and national level athletes
- to organize and support the most popular annual loppet event
- to deliver highest quality regional, provincial, national and international events
- to promote all aspects of the sport of cross-country skiing as an accessible sport for all Calgarians