There are many benefits to being a member of Foothills Nordic.
- Enroll in any of our fantastic ski programs
- Attend Club events
- Membership includes:
- Cross-Country Alberta membership
- Cross-Country Canada membership
- Participate in Exchanges with other Ski Clubs, nationally or internationally
- 10% member discount at Lifesport, Strides Running Store, The Norseman, and Trail Sports
- 15% discount at Mount Engadine Lodge and 15% off any day of the week and a mid-week rate of $139 at Baker Creek Chalets
- Vote in the club’s Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Access to the online Forum, where you can communicate with Coaches, other Club members and buy and sell gear
- Stay informed with Club emails, our website, Twitter or Instagram
- Many great volunteer opportunities, such as coaching, getting involved in ski programs and volunteering at ski races, including World Cups
- Coaching development opportunities
- Early season discount on Canmore Nordic Centre season passes (must purchase prior to November 1)
- Member wax clinics
- Buy Club clothing
- Email updates on Confederation Golf Course grooming status
2021 – 2022 Membership rates
- Family – $140 – consists of 2 adults at the same household and their dependent children under the age of 21 years (as of December 31 of the current registration year)
- Adult – $75 – consists of 1 adult over 21 years (as of December 31 of the current registration year)
- Youth – $70 – consists of 1 child under 21 years (as of December 31 of the current registration year)
- Associate* – $30 – A category for FNSC alumni or volunteers with no family members affiliated with a FNSC program.
*Associate Membership Benefits include Club news, 10% discount at Lifesport, Strides Running Store, The Norseman, Trail Sports, as well as, invitations to club-only sales at these retail outlets, and 15% discount at Mount Engadine Lodge and Baker Creek Chalets. Associate Members do not have voting privileges, nor can they participate in FNSC training activities. Full members will be given priority to capped-capacity events.
- All prices listed are in Canadian dollars (CAD).
- All payments must be made online, by credit card.
- We accept both Visa and Mastercard for online payment.
Please visit our Refund Policy page.
Registrants are sent a confirmation e-mail of their transaction. Once received, you are encouraged to keep current with club activities and notices by reviewing this website. Those registrants also signing up for ski programs will be contacted by a program coordinator or coach with session information.
What do membership fees pay for?
Collecting membership fees is essential for the successful operation of the Foothills Nordic Ski Club. For example, membership fees cover the following Club expenses:
- Nordiq Canada/Nordiq Alberta Membership Fees (Nordiq Canada/Nordiq Alberta membership benefits and insurance coverage for Foothills members)
- Accounting and Administration
- Insurance for Foothills Vehicle and Grooming Machine
- Canmore Nordic Centre Team Room Rental
Confederation Trail User Fees
All Foothills Nordic members participating in programs MUST pay Confederation Trail User Fees. If you are registering as a Family but have only one member participating in a program, you can choose to purchase an individual membership (Adult OR Youth/Child), rather than a family membership.
- Family – $50
- Adult Individual – $35
- Child/Youth Individual – $30
What do Confederation Trail User Fees Pay For?
Foothills Nordic holds the operating agreement for Confederation with the City of Calgary and is responsible for covering all operating costs, including:
- Grooming and track-setting
- Fuel, maintenance and insurance on all equipment
- Off-season storage of all equipment
- Porta-potty rental
- Construction fencing rental to line the parking lot
- Parking lot plowing
- Metered water for snow-making
In 2017/2018, Foothills Nordic collected funds from other clubs using Confederation Trails to offset these operating costs. For the 2018/2019 season, other clubs using Confederation Trails will be paying the same user fees as Foothills Nordic members.
Last season, Foothills Nordic worked closely with the Calgary Nordic Alliance (CNA) to fill volunteer positions for Confederation operations. This comprised of many individuals from other clubs and the broader community. In the coming season, Foothills Nordic will work more closely with CNA to manage facility operations, offloading much of this work from the club.